Changes in the VAT return from 2017.
The Norwegian Tax administration are announcing that a new version of the value added tax return and it will be introduced in 2017. Import VAT must be declared in the new return.
Do you have questions regarding these changes, do not hesitate to contact us!
- The new VAT return (mva-meldingen) is replacing the current form (omsetningsoppgave for merverdiavgift).
- Your accounting system, accounts and VAT codes must be updated and compatible with the VAT return before 1 January 2017.
- You will no longer receive VAT invoices from your shipping agent or the Customs authorities.
- Go through agreements and routines internally with your accountant and any shipping agents.
- If you don't have an accounting system, you can submit the VAT return by direct registration in Altinn.
Se the extended article on The Norwegian Tax administrations websites.